City of Monticello
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary: $45,000 – $52,000 (DOQ)
Posting Date: November 24, 2020 Closing Date: Until Filled
The City of Monticello is currently seeking a Finance Director. This position reports to the City
Manager. The Finance Director is responsible for the core financial functions of the City
including overall financial management and reporting, budgeting, payroll, account payables,
utility billing, and financial record keeping. The Finance Director will manage department
operations and supervise staff. Knowledge of the principals and practices of governmental
accounting preferred. Monticello is a full-service city with gas, electricity, water, and sewer.
• Reviews the general ledger system for proper entries and compliance with state and
federal regulations; prepares necessary reports.
• Establish and update City’s financial policies and procedures.
• Coordinate preparation of the annual audit with the City’s external auditors.
• Develops and recommends annual department operating budget.
• Coordinate with the City Manager on the preparation of the operating and capital budget.
• Prepares and reviews monthly and quarterly financial reports.
• Monitors the City’s cash and investments to maximize returns within the established
financial guidelines for the City.
• Establish and maintain fixed assets records.
• Coordinate with Human Resources on property and liability insurance.
• Maintains knowledge of local and state laws, regulations, and policies for financial
reporting and to mitigate risk in financial reporting.
• Attends Department and City Council Meetings.
• Recommend and implement changes and updates to the financial reporting system.
• Research financing options for the City and makes recommendations to the City
• Conducts annual performance appraisals and train staff.
• Other duties may be required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• 5+ years of local government finance work experience
• Completion and/or the ability to obtain Local Finance Officer Level 1 certification
• Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Comprehensive computer skills
• Valid Georgia’s driver’s license
• Acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (3 years)
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• 8+ years of local government finance work experience
• 5+ years of supervisory experience
• Strong understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check and Pre-Employment
Drug Screening prior to the start of employment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by December 24, 2020. Applications can be
obtained in person at 123 W. Washington Street, Monticello, GA 31064 or on the City of
Monticello website, http://www.monticelloga.org.
Application, cover letter and resume may be mailed to City of Monticello, Attention: City
Manager, Post Office Box 269, Monticello, GA 31064, hand delivered to City Hall located at
123 W. Washington Street, Monticello, GA 31064, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Monticello is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access/Affirmative Action Employer.
City of Monticello
Posted: September 2, 2020
End Date: Until Filled
The City of Monticello is seeking qualified candidates for an Apprentice Lineman. This position is responsible for performing diversified work of erection, repair, and operation of electric distribution facilities. Works on energized lines, structures, and equipment involved in the distribution of electricity. Locates sources of service interruptions and other troubles. The work often involves climbing poles and working out of a bucket truck with energized lines. Performs necessary construction, maintenance, or repair to restore services. Installs and maintains electric power lines, both overhead and underground.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent is required
Completion of an approved lineman apprenticeship program or the ability to complete course within reasonable time frame.Valid Georgia Class A commercial driver’s license. Must meet DOT certification requirements. Reside within a reasonable response time distance to the office (123 W. Washington St. Monticello, GA 31064) Ability to work overtime and be on an on-call rotation that will require work outside of regular business hours.
Preferred: Experience working with an Electric utility provider
Application is available by contacting City Hall at (706) 468-6062 or online at www.monticelloga.org. Please send your completed employment application by email to email@example.com or mail to the City of Monticello, Attn: Lineman Job Posting, 123 W. Washington Street, Monticello, GA 31064.
The City of Monticello is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested in working for the City of Monticello…?
Please complete the application below and return to City Hall:
123 W. Washington St. Monticello, GA 31064.
The City of Monticello is an equal opportunity Employer
Applications remain on file for 90 Days EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION